Sunday, September 28, 2008

Beef Brisket

Liquid Smoke
Worschestershire sauce
kosher salt and pepper
garlic-chopped
heavy duty foil
beef brisket

This is a recipe that I really don't have any measurements for.  I just usually get any size beef brisket that I think will feed my family and of course more if needs be.  My sister told me a long time ago that you should plan on about 1/4 lb. per person.  

I usually use a jelly roll pan for this.  I put tin foil down on the pan with lots of excess hanging over.  Now you can choose to cut some of the fat off the meat or you can just leave it on for more flavor.  Place the meat on the pan.  Next generously salt and pepper this, chop up some garlic and spread all over, pour some Worchestershire sauce over as well as some liquid smoke. You don't need a lot of the liquid smoke.  A lot goes a long way.

Next you want to wrap the meat up in tin foil so no heat or steam leaks out.  Cook this on 200 degrees for 10 hours or 250 degrees for 8 hours.  Take it out of the oven, cut some slits in the foil and let it cool down for awhile.

Now at this point you can do what ever you want with the meat.  French dip, nachos, or just the way it came out of the oven.  We usually make BBQ Beef Sandwiches.  I shred up the meat into a dish, add a little of the reserved liquid and pour on our favorite BBQ sauce.  Then you can have a little heaven on a bun!

No comments: